Hardwood Floor Refinishing, Installation, Maintenance & Restoration | Huntington Beach, CA
Gäte Hardwood Floors is a family-owned and -operated company that specializes in providing homeowners and businesses throughout Huntington Beach with the highest quality hardwood flooring services at very competitive prices. Our services include:
- Wood floor sales and installation
- Wood floor refinishing
- Wood floor sanding
- Wood floor color staining & recoating
- Wood floor cleaning and maintenance
- Wood floor restoration
We have more than 30 years of experience working with all types of wood floors, we’re a Bona Certified Craftsman, and Richard Marshall Fine Hardwood Flooring Certified. All work is performed by our own wood flooring experts — never subcontractors — and all products are guaranteed.
5 Reasons to Choose Gäte Hardwood Floors for Any Wood Flooring Need in Huntington Beach, CA
- Expertise – Everyone at Gäte Hardwood Floors has extensive experience. The owner himself is a second-generation woodworker with over 30 years of experience. He has worked on thousands of wood floors and stays up to date on the industry’s latest trends, products, and techniques. Additionally, he personally selected and trained the craftsmen on his team, and ensures that every job is performed according to the industry’s highest standards.
- Unlimited Options – Gäte Hardwood Floors can design and install hardwood floors and stairs in any design. We work with a local hardwood floor dealer who offers one of the widest selections of factory-finished floors in Orange County at the best prices available. Additionally, we can handcraft, stain, and finish wood floors to your precise specifications.
- Attention to Detail – When it comes to hardwood flooring, the details make all the difference. At Gäte Hardwood Floors, we are obsessed with perfection, and we’re committed to employing the industry’s best practices for wood floor refinishing, installation, restoration, and maintenance. As a result, our wood floors look spectacular, are made to last, and accurately reflect each client’s vision.
- Professional – Everyone on our team is always be professional. This means that we’re reliable, easy to communicate with, attentive to staying on schedule, and personable. Additionally, we treat our customers and their property with the utmost care and respect.
- Honest – Starting with a free consultation, we do our best to provide our customers with helpful recommendations and honest advice. We welcome any and all questions, and take the time to educate our customer so they can make well-informed decisions. By doing so, there are no surprises, and we’re able to consistently meet each client’s specific set of expectations.
Call Gäte Hardwood Floors today to schedule your free on-site consultation and estimate in Huntington Beach. We are a licensed and insured wood floor contractor based in Orange County, California. All products are guaranteed.
Hardwood Floor Care & Maintenance, Huntington Beach, CA
At Gäte Hardwood Floors, we understand how important it is to our Huntington Beach clients to keep their hardwood floors looking their best. There are a number of things you can do to keep your floors from getting damaged, fading, becoming dull, or wearing prematurely. Some of these proactive measures need to be implemented as soon as your floors are installed. This includes giving the floor’s finish several days’ time to cure before covering it with plastic or moving furniture onto or across it. Once the finish has cured, it is important to do all you can to care and protect your floors. For example, it helps to use pads under furniture, avoid walking with high heels, immediately wipe up spilled liquids, keep pet toenails short, and keep your floors clean. You can clean your floors with a vacuum (with soft bristles), broom, or dry mop. If your floors need a deeper and more-thorough clean, you can use cleaning products that are recommended by the finish manufacturer. If your floors are exposed to direct sunlight on a daily basis, you may also want to consider using rugs, awnings, blinds, or curtains to keep your floors from fading unevenly. If you have any questions, give us a call. We are always happy to educate our Huntington Beach customers about the recommended best practices for the care and maintenance of their specific type of wood floor.
Professional Hardwood Floor Cleaning & Recoating/Sealing, Huntington Beach, CA
Hardwood floors needs to be kept free of sand, dirt, and grit, which can cause micro-scratches in the floor’s finish as well as premature wearing. As mentioned above, it helps to place floor mats at all entrances and in areas of high traffic to keep sand and dirt from settling into your floors. It is also important to regularly sweep, vacuum, or dry mop your floors to remove any sand or dirt that might have accrued. While these measures are important, a professional cleaning is still recommended for optimal care and protection of your floors. At Gäte Hardwood Floors, we offer free hardwood floor cleaning services in Huntington Beach at affordable prices. Whenever possible, we use commercial-grade cleaning products recommended by the finish manufacturer. For the best value, it helps to coordinate our cleaning service for when your wood floors also need to be recoated or sealed. Call today to learn more about our Huntington Beach hardwood floor cleaning and recoating/sealing services.
Hardwood Floor Sanding, Refinishing, and Restoration Services in Huntington Beach, CA
At Gäte Hardwood Floors, we believe that wood floors should only be sanded when absolutely necessary. That’s because each time you have your floors sanded, you are losing a thin layer of wood. For more traditional, solid wood, this may not be a problem. However, it becomes more of a concern over time if the wood panels are relatively thin. Typically, sanding removes 1/32” of wood from a smooth wood floor and 1/16” from textured or distressed hardwood floors. Part of our free consultation will involve evaluating your floors and talking through what you hope to achieve. In many cases, we can achieve incredible results without sanding. In fact, the beauty of having natural wood floors is that they can often still look beautiful, warm and inviting even with a few scratches and dings. However, if your floors do require major restoration work, or you want to change your floor’s color or finish, sanding will likely be necessary. Helping you determine how best to proceed to achieve your goals is what we do best. Call today for a free consultation regarding our Huntington Beach hardwood floor sanding, refinishing and restoration services.
New Hardwood Floors & Stairs, Huntington Beach, CA | Sales, Design & Installation
By working with ProSource, a local hardwood floor dealer in Orange County, we’re able to offer some of the best prices on leading brands, such as Provenza®, EcoTimber ®, Junkers, Lauzan, Owens™ Select, Mirage, Mullican®, BR-III™, Kährs, and DuChateau®. ProSource offers an unbeatable selection of wood flooring and stair systems. At their showroom, you can consider a wide array of choices, including different wood species, domestic and exotic wood, engineered wood, and a variety of patterns and styles, such as chevron, herringbone, random-width plank, wide plank, and parquet. Additionally, as wood flooring artisans, we can also handcraft a completely custom-designed wood floor to your exact specifications. Contact us today for a free on-site consultation in Huntington Beach for new hardwood flooring or stairs. Gäte Hardwood Floors is fully licensed to perform hardwood floor installation in Huntington Beach for new construction and remodeling projects. All products are guaranteed.
Choosing the Best Hardwood Flooring System for Your Huntington Beach Home or Business
When it comes time to choose the ideal hardwood flooring system for your home or business in Huntington Beach, depend upon the hardwood flooring sales and installation experts at Gäte Hardwood Floors. Today’s hardwood floor systems come in an extensive variety of choices, and each type of wood floor has its own set of attributes, ideal conditions, and installation requirements. For example, engineered hardwood flooring is better in conditions with high humidity levels and large temperature variations, because it is more resistant to the expansion and contraction these environmental conditions cause in wood flooring. To help you understand the pros and cons of all the choices available to you and ensure you feel comfortable with selecting a hardwood floor, we offer free consultations. During our consultation, we’ll assess your floors and take the time to understand your style preferences and goals. Then you can either visit a hardwood floor showroom, or we can present you with some samples. We’ll work with you every step of the way and answer any questions you may have. Our team is highly respectful and responsive, so you can feel confident that you’ll end up with hardwood floors that match your unique vision.